Wednesday, April 19, 2017

DINING ROOM LIGHTING

Finally, after months of considering, searching & choosing...we have installed a new light in our dining room. Once you decide to change out a lighting fixture, it really is quite the process!





 There are so many great lighting fixtures out there right now. I knew I wanted a geometric shaped fixture with a transitional, soft/worn gold finish to match the two mirrors that are hanging in the space. I have been very lucky finding fixtures for clients through sites like Houzz, Ballard Designs, Restoration Hardware & Lighting Direct. This one came from Wayfair.






I do love my little dining room! I had re-designed the space, adding coffered ceiling, tall baseboards & french doors when we first bought the home. The tough part is, it is definitely on the smaller side & even with adding the coffered ceiling, the ceiling height is not very high. This made finding the perfect lighting fixture that much harder.





I had narrowed it down to a few different fixtures when I came across a post from one of my favorite bloggers, Citrineliving. She had a post about her dining room makeover & when I saw her fixture, I knew I had found the one!





Seven years ago, when we bought our home, we were moving from a very charming & traditional 1920's house. Most of the furniture, artwork & decor had a very traditional feel. We ended up installing a traditional chandelier to flow with the rest of our existing decor. I actually really liked this fixture when we installed it & never actually got to the point of despising it. I just wanted a more transitional feel in our home.

HERE IS THE BEFORE PICTURE:



We sure did LOVE having the new, updated fixture at Easter this year πŸ£πŸ’•



🌸🌺🌸🌺🌸🌺🌸🌺🌸🌺



Hope you enjoyed this post & Happy spring to you!🌷🌷
xx Valerie

πŸ‘‰Make sure to follow us on INSTAGRAM for tons more inspiration!πŸ‘ˆ

No comments:

Post a Comment